- We neither rent nor sell your information to anyone.
- We do not share your email address with content providers that you purchase content from, unless you explicitly opt in to share it.
- We do not share your personally-identifiable information with any third parties, unless we are obligated to do so for purposes such as governmental or law enforcement requests.
- We use industry-standard methods to secure your information on our servers, including using technologies such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
- We do not collect or store your payment information (e.g., your PayPal account’s login information, or your credit card number) that you use to pay for content through Ganxy. Your payments are handled by a third party payment processor such as PayPal or Amazon Payments, and they never pass through our servers.
- We are extremely responsive to your questions and concerns, and we welcome you to email us anytime at email@example.com.
The “Ganxy Widget” is a software product owned by Ganxy that is installable in HTML web pages and that facilitates the service of buying and managing access to digital content. The “Ganxy Service” means Ganxy’s content retail and delivery service. The Ganxy Widget appears on third-party websites that use the Ganxy Service to sell and manage access to their digital content (such third-party websites are operated by entities that shall be referred to as “Content Providers”).
Information Collected Upon Registration
When you register with us and create a new Ganxy account, you provide some Information. You may create a Ganxy consumer account in one of two ways:
- Completing the registration process on the ganxy.com website — In this case, we typically only collect your email address. We collect your email address when you either enter it in the registration form or connect with a third-party web service (such as Facebook). We then send you an email with an automatically-generated password along with instructions on how to change it to a new password of your choosing. We keep a record of your email address and password so that you may continue to log in with them, and your password is stored using one-way encryption which means that it can’t be unencrypted by any means (this is appropriate for passwords and is a standard practice for them).
- Making a purchase through Ganxy without having already completed the above-mentioned registration process — In this case, when you make a purchase through Ganxy we typically receive your email address that is connected to the payment method that you used to pay for the content (e.g., PayPal or Amazon Payments). This could be the email address that you use for a PayPal or Amazon account, or simply what you enter into the credit card information form. By receiving your email address in this way, we are able to send you a confirmation email that includes details about your purchase, and if you did not previously have a Ganxy account we would then create a new one for you and associate it with that same email address. We do this in order to make it easier for you to make future purchases and to track them through Ganxy, all using that same email address. Just as with the above-mentioned registration process, we keep a record of your password (using one-way encryption), as well as your email address, as part of your account information so that you may continue to log in with it.
We do not share your email address with the Content Provider that you buy content from, unless you explicitly opt in to share it (e.g., in the case that a Content Provider offered a promotion for sharing your email address, you would be given the option to do so — but the default is to not share it).
We may collect and store your name after you have made a purchase through Ganxy, in which case we may address you by that name in emails that we send to you and in certain places on the ganxy.com user interface when you are logged in to your account. Doing this provides you with a more personalized experience as a user of Ganxy. You may enter, change, or completely remove your name in your account settings page while logged into the ganxy.com website.
Information We Track
Log Files — Similar to many websites and internet services, we collect certain information and store it in web server log files. This information includes internet protocol addresses (IP addresses), internet service provider (ISP), website entry and exit pages, operating system, browser version, date and time of usage, and clickstream data. We use this information for the following two purposes:
- To improve our site, analyze trends, administer the site, and gather aggregate information about our user base so we can better understand how people are using the Service and to make improvements based on those understandings. Information for these purposes is used on an anonymous basis and does not include individual user identities (it does not include your personally-identifiable information).
- To help fix problems that our users encounter during their use of the Service. We do this by tracking a problem back to the particular user that encountered it and reviewing the actions that they took which caused the problem. This process allows us to not only solve the problem for the particular user but to also prevent the same problem from happening again with others. Information for these purposes includes individual user identities so that a problem can be accurately associated with a particular user.
Cookies — Through the Service, just like many other applications and websites on the internet, we utilize a standard technology called “cookies” to collect information about usage and to also create a method of identifying a user for authentication purposes in order to help ensure that a user’s appropriate data and access rights are provided to them throughout their usage of the Service. Cookies are designed to help determine that a particular user has visited a website or used a particular web product or service previously, and thus to save and remember any particular settings, permissions, and preferences that may have been compiled. Cookies also allow a user to log in to a website, and in our case be recognized by a Ganxy Widget automatically, without needing to go through a traditional log in process of typing in a user name and password. A cookie is a file that is sent to your browser, and it does not retrieve any other data from your computer or web-enabled device.
Even though you have the ability to modify your browser settings to either accept all cookies, only some cookies, or no cookies, it may not be possible to utilize, or to utilize fully, the Service if you do not accept cookies from us. We have developed other methods that work in the absence of third-party cookies, but the most seamless experience is available when using cookies, and for this reason we encourage you to accept cookies from Ganxy.com.
Information Sharing and Disclosure with Third Parties
We neither rent nor sell your Information to anyone. From time to time, we may share anonymous, non-personal, non-identifiable, aggregate information about our user base with partners or other parties, and we may publish these aggregate usage statistics on our website or elsewhere on the internet for the interest of our users, potential users, or the internet community in general. This information is not linked to any individual user and is represented as anonymous data.
Cross-State or International Transfer
Your Information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers or servers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, we may transfer your Information to the United States or other countries where we or our affiliated companies and third-party service providers maintain facilities. Your use of the Service or submission of such Information represents your agreement to that transfer.
We employ several layers of security measures that are designed to safeguard and protect your Information from unauthorized access and disclosure, including encrypting your communication to and from the Ganxy servers through the Service by utilizing technologies such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TSL) encryption.
Please be aware that no security measure is immune to online attacks or attempts of evasion. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your Information, and there is no guarantee that your Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our security measures. You are able to reduce these risks by choosing a strong password (one that is at least 8 characters long, uses a combination of letters and numbers, uses a mix of lowercase and uppercase letters, and does not include personal information); not using the same password for Ganxy as you use for different accounts; using up-to-date antivirus, anti-malware, and anti-spyware software; and installing operating system and browser updates.
We will make any legally required disclosures to you regarding any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Information (as defined in applicable state, provincial, and federal statutes on security breach notification) in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Information We Store after an Account is Closed
Due to the fact that financial transactions are a large part of our business, upon closing a Ganxy account we continue to store all information in our records in case it is needed in the future for legal or financial purposes (e.g., a law enforcement agency requests information about a former user’s account). This is the only purpose of keeping a record of a closed account, and we never share it with any outside parties unless we are ordered to do so by a government or law enforcement agency.
Information We Do Not Collect
Payment information — We do not collect your payment information (e.g., your PayPal account’s login information, or your credit card number) that you use to pay for content through Ganxy. Your payment information is not transferred through our servers because the payments are processed by a third party payment processor such as PayPal or Amazon Payments.
Underage users — As explained in the Ganxy Consumer Terms of Service (https://ganxy.com/legal-agreements/consumer-terms-of-service), you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to use Ganxy’s products, services, or the ganxy.com website. Therefore, we do not knowingly collect Information about underage users, including children. Additionally, in accordance with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), Ganxy will never knowingly solicit, nor will we accept, Information from users known to be under thirteen (13) years of age. If you believe that we have information from or about anyone under thirteen (13) years of age, please notify is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time, we may send our users an email about new developments that we’re working on. These new developments are always centered on increasing the value of the Service that we provide. We will not market something to our users that we have not carefully considered and identified as having potential to add value for them.